Due to his long breeding history, the Vanhee pigeons are officially considered as a “strain”.
For this Vanhee is rewarded as “Best European Breeder Long Distance and more than 75 years in pigeon sport“.
Over the years the Vanhee strain was developed into five lines.
- Atoom – line, based on “Atoom”, 3002042/59, 1st National Limoges winner 1962
- Motta – line, based on “Motta”, 3100031/63, top racer of the Vanhee loft and the most famous pigeon worldwide
- Patrick – line, based on “Patrick”, 3100031/64, Gold Medal winner Olympiad Katowiczse 1969
- Napoleon – line, based on “Napoleon”, 3104180/74, 1st International Narbonne 1978
- Tobias – line, Janssen Arendonk – line, used by Vanhee to bring speed into his long distance lines